04 May, 2017

Astrology: Understanding the Person, Not What You Think Are the Planets

           A special friend never let me do his chart.  August birthday. Of course, I knew the year, but not the crucial day, even though we were close. Sometimes I'd think 'He's noticeable like a Leo; vital, charming and stubborn as if he has Taurus planets. He's probably the most honest person I've ever known and clever like engineers I've taught (Virgo).' But his 'outside the box' design mind...what aspects? Something didn't fit.
    I wasn't sure if he was sensitive. I didn't understand why he liked to "go within" and hide the way I do. What planets explained his incredible vocabulary and gift of gab, or the similarities between us, even though we were different. Yet I couldn't find anything in the ephemeris* under August of that year to explain this.

     Recently, his sister told me -- August 25.
     This finally made sense. There was the Cancer Moon (going within, sensitivity). And several Gemini planets: exceptional vocabulary, love of conversation. And both Gemini and Virgo are ruled by Mercury (planet of communication)
      With too few planets to guide me, I needed to consider the actual person and let my profound intuition guide me instead. If I had, I would have understood so much more before he suddenly died a month ago.
               Fire & Rain  
* Astronomical book of planetary transits